Breakfast is absolutely my favorite meal of the day! And since I started eating stove-top oatmeal for breakfast, I found my favorite food to start the day! Thus, I was highly motivated to try something new! By experimenting, I found out that overnight refrigerator recipes are not really my thing … but baked oatmeal TOTALLY IS! I started experimenting a bit and started out safe and simple. Result: this delicious Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal!
Ingredients for one serving
- 1 small banana
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) almondmilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180°C) and grease up a single-serving ramekin with butter.
2. Mash the bananas and mix them in milk and vanilla extract.
3. Add oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
4. Slice the strawberries into pieces and crush the walnuts. Add these to the bowl.
5. You can also add sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, cinnamon … anything you like!
6. Pour into the ramekin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Serve it while it’s hot
EASY AS PIE ! … and pie is not all that easy to make. I do not know who invented that saying.
Anyhow: Bon Apétit!