Seriously, don’t these look amazing?! And let me tell you a little secret: they were also very easy to make. Really anyone can do it! I even made mine without a bamboo mat (Okay, I admit, it is a teetsy tiny bit … very obvious. But they tasted amazing!)
For the Quinoa Sushi Rolls:
- 1 cup quinoa grains
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 sheets of nori (sushi roll seaweed)
- Plus filling of choice
- 2 cucumber “wedges” (cucumber sliced lengthways)
- carrot, grated lengthways
- Avocado, sliced into strips
- a few sprouts
Because of my detox, I was not able to be very creative. But next time I make them, I will probably add salmon, tuna, Philadelphia, surimi, … So get creative!
- After rinsing the quinoa, put it into a saucepan and add the water. Place it over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl and add rice vinegar
- Put it in the fridge and allow to cool.
- When cool enough make the rolls (and this is where youtube comes in handy!)